Monday, December 19, 2011

survey says

here is a knitters' survey I found floating on the web...

1. List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO.multiple scarves, shrug, tube scarf, singlet, and wrist warmers

2. List your works in progress: 
a Rebecca pattern, basically it's a scarf with sleeves and a cushion cover

3. What skeletons are in your knitting basket?the wool from my 'experimental sweater' that never materialised and i suppose the project I started when I was about 10 years old.

4. What's your favorite project? 
I love the scarf I gave my mom for Christmas this year...if she regifts it, I hope it comes to me

5. What project(s) will you never knit again? I haven't been in the business that long, but I'll have to say the 'experimental sweater'

6. What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year? 
knitting beyond the garter stitch scarf!!! and i completed a garment!

7. What's your favorite yarn from the last year?
jo sharp comfort kid

8. What's your favorite yarn overall?there's just something about mohair...i don't know what it is, but i likes it!

9. What new knitting techniques have you learned? 
sl, k, psso....with this, the possibilites are endless

10. What are your knitting goals for 2006?start and complete cleckheaton double-breasted jacket, and i fantasise about a blanket . oh, and i would like to make a dainty cardigan or shawl with a little bling knitted into it...
some random beading.
intarsha type experimentation

affording the color schemes i love

11. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?i think I am, but Hobby Lobby definitely has its place in the world too!

12. Do you spin? Crochet?

no, somehow, it seems too old timey for me


13. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? right now, a cardboard tube with corks on the ends

14. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?about a year, give or take, and i think i've just moved beyond beginner

15. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?no, but i should (lol, amber knows what i mean!)


16. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?duh, i'm a chocoholic!!!

17. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?sew, needlepoint, paint, and I like making my own stationery. I was a jeweler in a previous chapter of my life.

18. What kind of music do you like to knit to?retro 80s euro-trash (spandaeu ballet), classical, and post modern rock (soundtrack to Lost in Translation), well, actually, I don't even have a radio, so i listen to what ever i checked out from the library.

19. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? 
i keep going wtih sage-y greens and aquas, but i really wnat to go with a deep red...and chartreusse.

20. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?my family puts the Funk in dysfunctional, but we wouldn't have it any other way. I have two awesome dogs that I cry for, they are in foster care now, but you all know that.

21. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I live in scarves, wore ponchos until I saw a photo of myself in one, and i look stupid in hats. I don't have any mittens

22. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
like i said, something about mohair (it's very forgiving) and i just used this silky blend...it was interesting.

23. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?synthetics, and anything that looks like Fruitty Pebbles cereal

24. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?I've just completed a 12-step program for knitting obsessions...no, I have to say at the moment, seeking out the knitting scene where ever I travel

25. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? you can be so experimental and cheeky with scarves

26. What are you knitting right now?
didn't I already answer this...wrap sweater and cushion cover

27. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?of course I do

28. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?i've just conquered my fear of circulars, so i'm into them now...you can knit in bed on a cold morning

29. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?bamboo. but i also like the retro vibe of anodized aluminum

30. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?no, plus, it gives an excuse to visit the yarn shop (i don't know what a swift is)

31. How did you learn to knit?
first by an aunt 20 odd years ago, and recently by friends

32. How old is your oldest UFO?gonna say the sweater vest started when I was about 10 years

33. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?maya and sam

34. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?none, but I like to look at Interweave Knits and LOVE Selvedge

35. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?Jo Sharp and Rowan books (the cool ones), Last Minute Knitted Gifts, andAlterknits...the photgraphy is great and the projects good

36. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
button holes would be some handy knowledge

37. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
no, a US size 7, but jo sharp has a pattern for the most luxurious mohair socks...so cozy.

38. What are your favorite knitting weblinks?
http://www.youknitwhat.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment